Last Modified: June 8, 2018
If you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data, we encourage you to primarily contact us through the game so we can reply to you more quickly.
Name of the controller: Rockbite LLC
Address: 1200 South Brand Boulevard, #210, Glendale, CA 91204, United States of America
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Game:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically when you use the Game; and
- Data we collect from our partners.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the Game, we may ask you provide information (a) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, or any other personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information“), and/or (b) that is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes, without limitation:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Game. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Game, subscribing to a service, and posting material. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Game;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Game and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Game; and
- Your search queries on the Game.
Your User Contributions may be published or posted publicly and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Game, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Game, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Game, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Game.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Location Information. The Game may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Game, or delete it from your device. Certain features may be opted out of. Note, however, that opting out of the Game’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Game and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Game statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Game content and verifying system and server integrity).
Data we collect from our partners
We also collect the following data from our partners:
- Data we receive if you link a third party tool with the Service (such as Facebook or Google)
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data to fight fraud (such as refund abuse in games or click fraud in advertising)
- Data from platforms that the games run on (such as to verify payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you a better Service
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Game or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include, without limitation: advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers; analytics companies; your mobile device manufacturer; your mobile service provider.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Why Do We Collect Your Data
To make the Game work.
To perform the contract, we process data necessary to:
- Create accounts and allow you to play our Game, access its contents, and use our services,
- Operate our services
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver products, services, and any other information you request
- Send you Game-related communications, such as when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through the Game
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information
- Give you notices about your account
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
To make the Game more suitable for our players.
To provide a great Game to our players, we have a legitimate interest to collect and process necessary data to:
- Update and develop player profiles
- Develop and improve the Game and player experience
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide social features as part of the Game
- Customize your Game experience according to your individual interests, such as through storing information about your preferences and recognizing you when you use the Game
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide player support
- Provide you offers in the Game as well as in other websites and services, and by email
- Send you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Enable you to communicate with other players
- Speeding up your searches
To show personalized advertisements.
To show you personalized advertisements in the Game as well as in other websites and services (including email) we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
- Track the content you access in connection with the Game and your online behavior
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Game
This may include advertisements on third parties’ goods and services which we believe may be of interest to you. For information on how to opt-out from personalized advertisements, see section ‘Your rights and options’ below.
To keep the Game safe and fair.
Ensuring a level playing field in the Game is a top priority for us. For more information on our acceptable use policy, see our Terms of Service.
In order to keep the Game and its social features safe and fair, to fight fraud and ensure acceptable use otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to process necessary data to:
- Analyze and monitor use of the Game and its social features
- Moderate chats either automatically or manually
- Take action against fraudulent or misbehaving players
To analyze, profile, and segment.
In all of the above cases and purposes, we may analyze, profile and segment all collected data, including for the purpose of estimating our audience size and usage patterns.
With your consent.
With your consent, we may process your data for additional purposes, such as using your GPS location to show you local events.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To other players and users of the Game. Social features are a core component of the Game. Other players and users may, for example, see your profile data, in-game activities and read the messages you have posted;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, who may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rockbite LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Rockbite LLC about the Game users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, including in order to combat fraud and illegal activity;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rockbite LLC, our customers, players or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
Additionally, we may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Game. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
International Data Transfers
Your Rights and Options
- Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing.
- Opt-out of targeted advertising. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). For personalized in-game offers opt-out, you can use the options provided in the game settings.
- Access the personal data we hold about you. If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
- Your other rights. You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can always withdraw your consent, for example by turning off GPS location sharing in your mobile device settings. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge). You may also contact your local data protection authority within the European Economic Area for unresolved complaints.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Game. We will for example periodically de-identify unused game accounts and we regularly review and de-identify unnecessary data.Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.